As most pet lovers know, booze can be deadly to animals. But vodka helped to save the life of Missey, a 4-month-old kitty from Yorkshire, Britain, after an unidentified culprit cruelly doused her with antifreeze.
When her humans, Paul Stephenson and his daughter, Sara, rushed her to a nearby veterinary hospital, the pet doc there resorted to a most unorthodox treatment − he placed Missey on an IV drip of 37.5 percent vodka for two days, which saved her life.
The veterinarian who treated her, Dr. Andrew Miller, told the Mirror newspaper, “The vodka treatment is quite unusual but is commonly used on animals that have swallowed antifreeze. Antifreeze is extremely toxic to animals’ kidneys. We specifically use vodka because the ethanol in it neutralizes the substance in the poison.”
Not only did Missey survive, she reportedly got a nice buzz.
Photo from North News